Sunday, 21 May, 2023
2 – 4pm
Montacute Institute Hall
63 Institute Road, Montacute, SA 5134
Tickets: $35 / $30 (pensioner card)
To book, call Vera: 0412 413 416
Daniela’s Speech on the day
Friends and supporters of Australia Donna, on behalf of AD committee – Vera Ubaldi, Gianna Vorrasi, Angie Morony, Vincenza Ferraro, Marylisa Fabian, Rosa Filosi and Teresa Esposito – a big welcome and thank you for joining us for this special afternoon.
It is so wonderful to see you all again this year after several months of separation beyond our control and I will not even mention why! We have nevertheless proudly continued to be present on the world wide web with our bilingual website Australia Donna, the site of women of Italian origin in Australia that we pioneered in 1999. Throughout these years we have continued to post on Australia Donna the testimonies and life stories of women of Italian origing in Australia and raccontare cosi’ il loro straodinario contributo … amazing contribution to the Italo-Australian life. And we continued to be connected with the community through Vincenza’s AD Italian radio programs.
We understand that women’s contribution to our community is intimately linked with their health and wellbeing and we have featured these topics on our website. We are committed to contribute to raise awareness among our community on domestic violence that sadly is on the rise worldwide.
So far we have organised 2 seminars in October last year and recently in April under the auspices of the Campbelltown Council. We are grateful to great speakers Ada Scalzi and Elli Lo presti and Andrea Planamente for their generous contribution.We are planning to hold a 3rd seminar in June which deals with the damaging effects of on the families victims of domestic violence. As you know we are a non for profit organisation and we endeavour to raise funds to undertake these seminars. And we appreciate your support
Events like this require a lot of planning. Vera has continued to be a driving force behind this event and always with the wonderful work of the AD committees.
We thank our supporters:
• Lawrence and Emily Ubaldi – the wine maker and roaster. Without their expert cooking skills we would not be able to put on this event.
• Thanks to Lucy Hatch – once again for all her assistance.
We thank our sponsors:
• Serafino Wines for the donation of the wine we are drinking.
• Tony and Mark Newton, so generous with the 20 kilos of castagne this year.
• Foodland Norwood for their donation of a voucher for $200 to support our initiative to raise awareness on the damaging effect on families who are victims of domestic violence.
• La Vera Cheese – Signora Giovanna Marmorale for the cheese at your tables.
• Roberto Rinaldi – Rinaldi Confectionery for the premium torrone we get to take home, made here in Adelaide with the finest South Australian ingredients.
• Glynburn Gourmet – Joe for his olives and for advertising our events.
• Panini Bros – Newton for the bread rolls.
• Maria Mercorella and Felicia Izzo for the taralli biscuits.
Thank you all.
Let’s enjoy the chestnuts, vin brule and the delicacies and be transported by Teresa’s brilliant and uplifting singing.
President Australia Donna